Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Meredith
- Elementary Education University of Central Florida
- Master of Arts Curriculum Instruction University of Phoenix
- Master of Arts Administration/Supervision University of Phoenix
- I teach ESL and Dyslexia Specific Intervention for Trussville City Schools. I have worked in Trussville since 2015 when my family moved to Alabama. Prior to moving to Alabama, I taught Intensive Reading, various elementary grade levels, and with the Department of Defense Dependents Schools in Germany.
- I was born and raised in Central Florida. My husband’s job brought us to Alabama in 2015. We have fallen in love with the area and the people here. I am blessed to work for Trussville City Schools. I began my educational journey in December 1997 when I graduated from the University of Central Florida. I have taught for several years both in public schools and with the Department of Defense Dependents Schools in Germany. I went back to school in 2005 and earned my master’s degree in Curriculum Instruction and Administration. My passion for education has always been at the forefront of my personal and professional goals. I believe that all children can learn and that our goal as educators is to ensure that educational goals are achieved in addition to teaching life skills to children along the way. I also believe that creating a safe and nurturing environment is essential for student success. My goal is to support each teacher as they work with ESL students and students with learning challenges to develop goals and strategies for success.