Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Fine Arts at University of Alabama Master of Education at University of Montevallo
Mrs. Layken Rubin
Hello! My name is Layken Rubin. I am teaching Art 1 and Digital Photography for Hewitt Trussville High School! I am also the assistant soccer coach for the varsity boys soccer team. I attended the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa where I received a Bachelor's of Fine Arts with a major concentration in Graphic Design and a minor concentration in Photography. I then went on to complete my masters in Art Education at The University of Montevallo. I have been working as a graphic designer for the last few years and this will be my second year teaching. I love traveling and exploring new things. I love Alabama football, ROLL TIDE! I've never met a sweet I didn't like (especially Twizzlers and Caramel Chocolate) and am a serious coffee and sweet tea drinker. Doing anything creative is my outlet and I love seeing what my students create.
Digital Photography Supply List:
- Digital Camera, must be digital. NO film cameras, I-Pads or Cellphones accepted.
- One Thumb drive/ flash drive atleast 16GB
- One 16GB memory card for their specific camera.
Additonal Materials that could be helpful:
- Binder or folder
- Tripod for home use (however there are school ones available for check out)
- Camera bag (I know these cameras are expensive better they can protect it!)
Art 1 Recommended Supplies:
- Graphite pencil set
- Charcoal pencil Set
- Pen Eraser- Removes unwanted value in small areas
- Two Pocket Folder
- Box Number 2 Pencils
- Pencil sharpener for colored pencils
- Mechanical pencils
- Set of paint brushes in variety of sizes
Materials that could also be useful:
- Acrylic paint set (basic colors)
- Blending Stump Set- Blends pencil medium and charcoal together
- Ballpoint pen
- Small Pencil organizer- holds drawing supplies neatly and in one location.
- Compass- Making perfect circles