Elementary Teacher (s) 2024-2025 School Year
Date: February, 5 2024
EFFECTIVE FOR THE 2024-2025
|Elementary Teacher (s)
Elementary School TBD
9 Month/187 Days
This is a Certified Position
Grades PreK - 6th
$51,655 - $90,109
Apply on the
Teach in Alabama Website
TRUSSVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Alabama State teaching certificate in area of instructional responsibility, NCLB criteria for Highly Qualified Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To create and provide engaging and challenging work for students to maximize each student’s ability in accordance with local and state courses of study.
EVALUATION:TrussvilleCity Board of Education Personnel Evaluation Plan
1. Plans and delivers instructional activities for students consistent with student needs and district instructional goals.
2. Demonstrates an appropriate level of subject matter knowledge for the instructional assignment as evidenced by daily presentation of subject matter practices.
3. Establishes behavior standards, provides classroom routines, and practices effective oral communication and listening skills resulting in a learning environment that promotes learning and self-discipline among students.
4. Demonstrates the effective evaluation of student needs and progress by engaging in entry level diagnosis activities, test construction, record keeping, appropriate referral of students with special needs, preparing students for assessment, effective test administration, and post assessment follow-up activities.
5. Delivers instructional activities in a manner demonstrating a variety of instructional techniques, promoting positive interaction among students, and providing for appropriate practice of activities and skills focusing upon the desired learning outcomes.
6. Establishes and maintains a high level of rapport with other teachers, team leaders, department heads, district-level coordinators and/or program directors, and instructional support and service employees of the school district.
7. Establishes and maintains a level of rapport with students that results in students being shown that all individuals are deserving of respectful and dignified treatment and promoting a healthy self-concept in all students.
8. Demonstrates a positive and technically competent set of parent/community relations’ skills including oral communication, written communications, and listening skills in-group and one-on-one situations as necessary.
9. Fulfills professional responsibilities beyond those exhibited in the classroom to include participation in school co-curricular programs, school and district program improvement efforts, participation in community and parent groups, and abides by and promotes high ethical standards.
10. Participates in professional growth activities leading toward enhancing professional qualifications.
11. Models appropriate personal characteristics and work habits that are consistent with personal development goals established for students.
12. Performs other such duties as required and/or assigned by the principal.
Board Approved: May 2, 2005