Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Custodians
The Substitute Teacher Application Process for the 2022-23 School Year
NEW INFORMATION....TCS is now accepting substitute teacher applications with a high school diploma.
Information on applying to Substitute Teach
- To receive a substitute application package, contact Becky Aydelette at 205-228-3067 or by email email@example.com
- A background check and TB test will be required. This information is included in the substitute package.
- Please print the application package that is emailed to you. If you have trouble printing the packet, give us a call and we will be happy to print the package for you.
- There is a checklist of items on the 2nd page of the packet. Please have all the items with you when you turn in the paperwork. Many items are contained within the packet.
- Call Becky Aydelette to set an appointment to turn in the completed packet. Every sheet of the packet must be returned.
There will be a mandatory substitute training workshop at the Central Office held on the following dates (choose 1) that you must attend before you substitute in a classroom:
Dec. 15, 2022 at 11:00 am
January 9, 2023 at 9:00 am OR 1:00 pm
February 7, 2023 at 9:00 am
March 7, 2023 at 9:00 am
April 4, 2023 at 9:00 am
If you have a current Alabama teaching certificate, you do not need a substitute license but will need to complete paperwork with TCS. Please contact Becky Aydelette for that information.
If you have questions, please contact Becky Aydelette at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-228-3067
If you are interested in substituting for classroom aides or custodians, contact Becky for that information and a packet.
Child Nutrition and Bus Driver Substitute Opportunities
If you are interested in substituting for our Child Nutrition Program, please email CNP Coordinator Terrie Coggins or (205) 228-3034
If you are interested in substituting for our Transportation Bus Department, please email Sandy Dempsey or contact via phone 205-228-3002