- You must have a four year degree to apply. If you have a current Alabama teaching certificate, you do not need a substitute license. The paperwork for a substitute license is contained in the application packet.
- The application packet is attached. Please type in the information on the first page and then print the packet. Your name and address will automatically populate throughout the packet if you do this from a computer. All other information needs to be filled out completely
- There is a checklist of items on the second page of the application (LINK BELOW). Please have all items with you when you turn in the paperwork. Many items are contained within the packet.
- Call Becky Aydelette, 228-3067, at the Trussville City Board of Education to set up an appointment to turn in the entire completed packet. (113 N Chalkville Road, Trussville, AL 35173).
- You must watch a training video to substitute in our schools.
If you have questions about the process or paperwork, please email Becky Aydelette or phone 205-228-3067
Please click the below link to access the substitute application package.
Child Nutrition and Bus Driver Substitute Opportunities
If you are interested in substituting for our Child Nutrition Program, please email Morgan Bean or contact via phone 205-228-3034
If you are interested in substituting for our Transportation Bus Department, please email Sandy Dempsey or contact via phone 205-228-3002