Substitute Teachers


    • You must have a four year degree to apply. If you have a current Alabama teaching certificate, you do not need a substitute license. The paperwork for a substitute license is contained in the application packet.
    • The application packet is below. Please type in the information on the first page and then print the packet. Your name and address will automatically populate throughout the packet if you do this from a computer. All other information needs to be filled out completely.
    • There is a checklist of items on the second page. Please have all items with you when you turn in the paperwork. Many items are contained within the packet.
    • Call Becky Aydelette, 228-3067, at the Trussville City Board of Education to set up an appointment to turn in the entire completed packet. (113 N Chalkville Road, Trussville, AL 35173) Paperwork should be turned in by August 16th.
    • You must attend a training session to substitute in our schools. The next session will be held on Friday, August 23 at 9:00am at the Board office. If you cannot attend, please contact Mandi Logan:

    If you have questions about the process or paperwork, please contact Becky Aydelette: or phone 228-3067.


    Substitute Packet

    Please click the above link to access the substitute packet.



    Child Nutrition and Bus Driver Substitute Opportunities

    If you are interested in substituting for our Child Nutrition Program, please contact Melissa Donaldson at 205-228-3034 or

    If you are interested in substituting for our Transportation Bus Department, please contact Prissy Anderson at 205-228-3002 or